Slow Cooker Jambalaya with andouille sausage, chicken and shrimp cooked low and slow with bold spices and vegetables with just 10 minutes of prep.
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
- 1pound andouille sausage links sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1pound shrimp 13-15 count
- Add all the ingredients except the shrimp into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 3-4 hours), in the last 15 minutes add in the shrimp.
- Serve over rice.
Three Bean Rice Salad
- 2 cups cooked wild rice blend or brown rice cooled
- 15 oz kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Toss dressing with salad.
- Refrigerate for an hour for best flavor
- 2 boxes Vanilla Wafers
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5 oz.) box French Vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- Line the bottom of a 13×9-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Prep Time:30 minutesYield:12 servings
READ My Old and Quirky Blog